Just over a week until Christmas is upon us. Gift giving can be a frustrating experience. That guy that has everything? He can buy his own shit. For the rest of the guys out there, here are a few key pieces that shouldn’t get tossed aside, returned or re-gifted.
1. The elegant timepiece. Why? Because a G-shock under a suit only works for presidential candidates showing that they are, indeed, down with regular folk.
Modest, Tissot, $250
No budget, Cartier Tank solo, $4,500
2. A custom suit. Off the rack will never look as good.
Modest, A.M Bespoke. Get him a gift card and schedule a fitting for a custom suit, with me, if you’re in South Florida. Options begin at $500, including this bird’s eye three-piece.
No budget, Brioni, Kiton, Tom Ford, $6K+ Amazing quality, rich history.
3. The experience gift, tickets to his favorite team’s home game.
Modest, $50-75 per ticket in the upper portions of many arenas and stadiums. I’ve sat near the top at almost court-side, the game isn’t any less exciting.
No budget, Work your connections. “Pardon me, LeBron, you dropped your towel on my son’s head.”
4. Grey cashmere sweater, he will wear this with nearly everything. If it’s one sweater a man needs, this should be the one.
Budget, J.Crew, $110
No budget, Brunello Cucinelli, $650
5. Driving shoe, to ease him out of the sneakers, with style. Eventually, we’ll try actual shoes.
Budget, Cole Haan, $100-150
No budget, Tod’s, $500
For now, happy shopping. Also, if you’re going to elbow anyone for the final product on a shelf, at least have a decent getaway plan.